Heli ski and heli board in Central Asia, Western Tien Shan. 8 days.
Region: Western Tien Shan (Ugam, Pskem and
Chatkal ranges), Central Asia, Uzbekistan
Information concerning the tour, terms and conditions
1. The standard lunch menu while on heli skiing: hot beef or chicken broth, cold boiled meat or chicken, sausage, cheese, smoked meat, tomatoes, cucumbers, baking, chocolate, sweets, hot tea, coffee, mineral water, apples, oranges.
2. Snow conditions and temperature. Mountains of Western Tien Shan provide beautiful snow conditions for skiing within the period from second half of January to middle of April. Normally, slopes accumulate up to 1,5 - 2 m of snow at the beginning of ski season. Snow is fresh, soft and powder-like everywhere. Middle of March and April are characterized by spring-like snow, but still on some slopes soft and powder snow even at that time can be enjoyed. Air temperature varies depending on ski zones: from - 10oC to -3oC.
3. Helicopter, crew (pilots), ski guides. We use powerful Russian Mi-8MTV1 helicopters for the heliskiing programs. 2 powerful turbo-prop jet engines allow to do extreme flights in the mountains safely. It can landing and take off at the altitudes over 5,000 m with the whole payload. The helicopter's capacity is 15-16 persons with ski equipment. Experienced crew (with the 15-18 years experience) knows the mountains, flight and heloskiing routes very well. The group will be lead at least by 2 experienced local guides (one is avalance expert). They know local conditions, the state of the snow etc. The helicopter is equipped with necessary rescue-transportation facilities, GPS, satellite telephone.
4. Ski lift area and bad weather program. There are two double-chair lifts and some hook ski lifts available both in Chimgan and neighbouring Beldersay gorge (5 km of Chimgan). In case of bad weather guests can spend their time for skiing in the ski-lift zones being accompanied by heli-guides or skiing/boarding in the area around. We also can offer a short-term city tour to Tashkent or Samarkand.
5. Ski equipment and clothes. During the program we shall provide you with all services concerning your ski equipment, which you have to bring with you. We will be thankful if you would bring your own bipper, avalance showel and daypack (available for rent!). Your clothes must be adjustable to changing weather and temperature conditions. Some gear is possible for rent (please ask us in advance!).
Recommended list of clothes and gear:
6. Insurance. Health and Accident Insurance with "worldwide" coverage is fully the responsibility of the holder. Best option is to have a travel insurance or membership in your national air ambulance service for quick home transportation in case of emergency. The insurance must have the limit not less than $20,000.
7. Vertical Guarantee and Refund. We guarantee vertical descents for you according to the requested package, our options include fore-planned and agreed quantity of descents with a minimum guaranteed of 8 hrs active flight time (idle time while you're on the slope is FREE!). Refunds are made only in case of a bad weather conditions or technical breakdown of helicopter. Refunds are paid to the group on the basis of $3,200 p/hour p/group for each unused flight time, in case of failed vertical guarantee.
8. Excess Vertical Meters. Despite you have taken out in full the included vertical meters it is possible to continue to ski if you agree to be charged for the additional flight time at the rate $3,300 for each additional hour per group. Of course, you do not have to exceed the vertical meters included and you can stop skiing at any time.
9. Age Limits. Minimum age for heliskiing/snowboarding is 18 that would be reduced to 14 as subject to the underage persons are accompanied by their parents.
10. Additional information. Please us for any additional information (regarding number of persons in the group, technique of skiing, one ski day, helicopter, guides etc.).