How to book a tour
1) The booking form has to be properly completed and sent to us either electronically, by mail or fax, then we confirm or decline your request (in a case of full booking, etc) withing 7 days and send you confirmation e-mail with payment details;
2). After receiving our confirmation, the deposit amount indicated on the appropriate tour's programme or in invoice should be paid withing 7 days (but not later then 30 days frame prior to the trip departure). After receiving the deposit, we keep the obligation to reserve the place in the group for the tour your choose until 30 days prior the trip departure. Payments may be made in U.S. dollars, Euro or in Russian rubles. We reserve the right to decline the acceptance of any individuals on any of our trips for any reason whatsoever.
3) The final payment should be received by us withing 30 days prior the trip departure. After that, we'll have an obligation to provide full services you'd booked and we'd confirmed. Final payment for some of the tours may be made in cash at the time of trip departure by prior agreement.
Of course, on many reasons (visa issue, etc) it is better to make a pre-booking. But, in most cases, it would be possible to make short-notice booking as well. If a booking is made later than the date of final payment, full payment is to be made withing 3 days after we confirm your trip.
1) If you wish to cancel your booking advice us writting immediately by fax or certified mail.
2) Deposits are non-refundable, but would be transferable by special agreement (e.g., you can book any other tour, change the person on whose behalf the booking was made, etc - contact us for the ability of such the changes). The deposit is no time limit (lifetime deposit) - i.e. you can use it any time you want. The following % of the total amount of the programme fee will be refunded to you:
3) We reserve the right to cancel a tour at any time prior to 30 days before the trip departure if the minimum group size is not achieved or to apply a surcharge to the trip cost. In the case of cancellation by us, we will refund any moneys paid to us (including deposit), no further compensation will be paid. The same goes for the force-majeure cases listed below if we will be informed prior to 30 days before the trip departure.
4) No partial refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused services, meals or features as hotel accommodation, trekking or rafting arrangements, sightseeing, transfers, etc. Such accommodations, services or features will not be exchangeable for other accommodation, services or features, or transferable to other persons except the written confirmation will be made by us or our authorized agents.
5) For certain trips (for example involving expensive ways of transportation like charter helicopter flights - helisi etc., or weather-dependant) the reasonable change of dates (usually within 1-2 weeks) are not considered as the trip cancellation from our side. Please plan reasonable amount of spare time for this kind of trips.
The cost of the tour
1) The tour prices are calculated according to the indicated minimum number of participants. If the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the trip or to apply a surcharge to the trip cost.
2) When you book a trip with us, you will be invoiced based on the said minimum number. Before the date of full payment, your invoice for full payment will be adjusted based on the final numbers of participants, and surcharges will be issued if applicable.
3) All prices quoted in our site are based on operation costs. We do our best to avoid price increases, especially for those who have already reserved a trip with us, however, we reserve the right to adjust costs for increases we are unable to absorb. We or our tour operators may be compelled to amend prices, and we reserve the right to do so with prior notice before the tour. In the case of an increase in trip prices, this shall not be sufficient grounds for any refund of funds for the trip.
Insurance, medical and health care
1) We strongly recommend you to obtain short-term travellers' insurance which cover the risks of accidents, sickness, and emergency evacuation. We also recommend baggage insurance for lost or stolen belongings, trip curtailment and cancellation insurance, which reimburses you for non-refundable air and land costs should you have to cancel your trip due to personal or family illness or death.
2) K2 Adventures ensures that the safety, comfort and well-being of our clients are our first-grade consideration. Although we carry first-aid kits and our trip guides are trained in basic first-aid (the content of the first-aid kit is subject of our Pre-Departure Trip Packet), you must be aware that medical facilities for serious problems are often unavailable in the remote areas we visit. Evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive (often would be made only by helicopters with special-trained rescuers). Personal health is the responsibility of the participant, and it is vital that persons with medical problems or dietary restrictions make them known to us while fulfiling the booking form or prior 30 days before the trip departure by fax or e-mail. We assume no responsibility or liability regarding provision of medical care. The trip leader has the right to disqualify anyone at any time if the participant is left to be physically or mentally incapable, is endangering the safety of the group or fails to adhere to group rules. Refunds are not given under these circumstances.